Super Thin Chocolate Chip Coookies
This chocolate chip cookie recipe is super easy and requires no special machinery! Since the ingredients need to be mixed only until they are juuuuust combined, you can pull this recipe together using just a few bowls, measuring cups and a wooden (or plastic) mixing spoon. Perfect for beginner bakers, seasoned pros, and people who just really want a chocolate chip cookie right frikkin now.
But first, as is customary, there’s always a story. It’s short, I promise.
Too many times lately I’ve woken up to a DM, or a friend tagging me in a new(ly uncovered) instance of yet another company being racist jackasses. Sometimes it no surprise 🙄 looking at y’all: Urban Outfitters, TenOverTen, Arlo Hotels . .the list goes on and on. But sometimes it comes as a surprise, and it sucks doubly because the source is a super cute little bakeshop that used to be a fave stop on your way through the Hamptons.
Starring in this week’s episode of Guess Who’s a Scumbag? is Tate’s Bakeshop. The purveyors of those ubiquitous green packages of thin crispy buttery chocolate chip cookies that are always in my beach snacks bag. Their entry bid for the crown? Threatening unionizing workers with deportation! A solid gambit in the 2021 scumbag games. 🤬 Of course Tate’s officially denies the allegations, and the union vote will proceed. I’ll be watching this story closely as it unfolds.
I’m not down to cancel this company entirely and see the brand collapse. That would put these workers out of a job and render the unionization pointless. But until this resolves, I’m not buying any damn cookies. I don’t know how much good it does, or how much it really affects their bottom line / decisions behind closed doors, but all we can do sometimes is vote with our dollars. I’ll keep my coins in my pocket for other beach snacks.
So since our house motto is basically “Fk It, I’ll Do It Myself”, and I’m spoiled AF and want my cookies (and social justice too) I wasted no time knocking out a copycat recipe so I don’t miss a beat (or a cookie) and neither do you.
Super Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Wooden or Plastic Spoon
- Whisk or large fork
- Large Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter let soften to room temperature
- 2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar densely packed
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Place the butter into the large bowl and fold the sticks together using the large spoon, and mix in the sugars until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together and add to the butter/sugar mixture with the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture little by little, and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, drop your cookies 2"-3" apart onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes (12 minutes if you want extra crispy cookies!)
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Important note: I used a silicone baking mat with the first round of cookies. 👀 Don’t do this. They just dissolve into a pool of butter flour and chocolate. Learn from my mistakes and use parchment paper!